CALL FOR CONFIDENTIAL HELP & INFO 24/7
ATEST Fact Sheets:
- Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act (P.L. 113-4)
- Child Welfare Response to Trafficking Act (S. 1823)
- Child Welfare Response to Trafficking Act (H.R. 1732)
- Business Transparency on Trafficking and Slavery Legislation
- Prevention of Trafficking in Persons and Abuses Involving Workers Recruited Abroad Act (S. 744)
- Uniform Act on Prevention and Remedies for Human Trafficking
- ATEST Comments on Proposed Federal Anti-trafficking Regulations Implementing Executive Order (December 2013)
- ATEST Guide to Anti-Slavery Funding FY 2014 (July 2013)
- Recommendations for Provisions in Comprehensive Immigration Reform to Prevent Human Trafficking (March 2013)
- Beyond SB 657: How Businesses Can Meet and Exceed California's Requirements to Prevent Forced Labor in Supply Chains (January 2013)
- The Path to Freedom: A Presidential Agenda for Abolishing Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking (December 2012)
ATEST Sign On Letters:
- ATEST Letter to Support FY15 Federal Funding for Anti-Trafficking Programs (March 2014)to Support FY15 Federal Funding for Anti-Trafficking Programs (03/19/14) - See more at: http://www.endslaveryandtrafficking.org/anti-slavery-and-human-trafficking-appropriations#sthash.b8YzhM6w.dpufto Support FY15 Federal Funding for Anti-Trafficking Programs (03/19/14) - See more at: http://www.endslaveryandtrafficking.org/anti-slavery-and-human-trafficking-appropriations#sthash.b8YzhM6w.dpuf
- ATEST Letter to Support the Regulation of Foreign Labor Recruiters in the House (H.R. 3344) (March 2014)
- ATEST Letter in Support of California SB 477 to Strengthen Regulation of Foriegn Labor Recruiters (February 2014)
- ATEST Letter to Support Senate "Strengthening Child Welfare Response to Trafficking Act of 2013" (January 2014)
- ATEST Letter to OMB to Request Funding in FY15 (September 2013)
- ATEST Letter to Uniform Law Commissioners (July 2013)
- ATEST Letter to Support the "Strengthening Child Welfare Response to Trafficking Act of 2013" (June 2013)
- ATEST Letter to Support the Regulation of Foreign Labor Recruiters as part of House Immigration Reform (June 2013)
- ATEST Letter to Support the Regulation of Foreign Labor Recruiters in Senate Comprehensive Immigration Reform (May 2013)
- ATEST Letter to Back FY14 Funding for Federal Anti-Trafficking Programs (May 2013)
ATEST National Calls & Webinars:
- ATEST Appropriations Webinar (March 2014)
- ATEST National Call on Child Welfare (February 2014)
- ATEST National Call with Uniform Law Commissioners (July 2013)
- ATEST National Call on the ULC (June 2013)
- ATEST National Call: Child Welfare Response to Trafficking Legislation (June 2013)
- ATEST National Call: FY14 Funding for Anti-Trafficking Programs (March 2013)
- ATEST National Call on Trafficking Victims Protection (February 2013)
April 1, 2014
The Alliance to End Slavery and Trafficking (ATEST) and The Child Labor Coalition invite you to attend a Congressional Briefing on combating exploitative child labor on April 8, 2014 at 3pm (ET). The briefing will feature a conversation with long-time champion, Senator Tom Harkin; a child trafficking survivor and award-winning advocate, James Kofi Annan; and policy advocates and experts, who will discuss the important gains in reducing exploitative child labor and child trafficking worldwide...
March 25, 2014
Recent reports have shown that the majority of identified child trafficking victims have had contact, often multiple times, with the child welfare system. S.1823 is a critical piece of legislation needed to ensure that child victims of sex trafficking and labor trafficking in the United States are identified by state child welfare agencies and receive the services they need.
March 18, 2014
Human trafficking is a $32 billion industry. However, for every $32 a trafficker earns, the U.S. Government spends only 10 cents to combat this crime. We need your support to ensure greater U.S. investment in programs that are critical to preventing human trafficking, punishing offenders, and providing support and services to victims.
Add your signature to these letters requesting action by six key congressional appropriations subcommittees. To endorse, please click here or e-mail...
March 18, 2014
Today, eleven organizations joined the Alliance to End Slavery & Trafficking (ATEST) in calling for the California Attorney General to enforce the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act. Tens of millions of adults and children are living in conditions of modern slavery around the world, exploited through force, fraud or coercion. And a reality in today’s global economy is that many of the goods we use and buy everyday are produced far from where they are bought, successively...
March 12, 2014
Foreign labor contractors (or recruiters) are increasingly relied upon to facilitate the migration of labor from one country to another. While many foreign labor contractors behave ethically and lawfully, many others do not. Labor contractors are often complicit or directly involved in the trafficking of workers, exploiting U.S. nonimmigrant visa programs, such as the H-2A, H-2B, H-1, and J-1 programs. The “Fraudulent Overseas Recruitment and Trafficking Elimination Act of 2013” (FORTE) (H.R...