CALL FOR CONFIDENTIAL HELP & INFO 24/7
ATEST Fact Sheets:
- Business Supply Chain Transparency on Trafficking and Slavery Act of 2014 (H.R. 4842)
- Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act (P.L. 113-4)
- Child Welfare Response to Trafficking Act (S. 1823)
- Child Welfare Response to Trafficking Act (H.R. 1732)
- Prevention of Trafficking in Persons and Abuses Involving Workers Recruited Abroad Act (S. 744)
- Uniform Act on Prevention and Remedies for Human Trafficking
- ATEST Comments on Proposed Federal Anti-trafficking Regulations Implementing Executive Order (December 2013)
- ATEST Guide to Anti-Slavery Funding FY 2014 (July 2013)
- Recommendations for Provisions in Comprehensive Immigration Reform to Prevent Human Trafficking (March 2013)
- Beyond SB 657: How Businesses Can Meet and Exceed California's Requirements to Prevent Forced Labor in Supply Chains (January 2013)
- The Path to Freedom: A Presidential Agenda for Abolishing Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking (December 2012)
ATEST Sign On Letters:
- ATEST Letters to Support FY15 Federal Funding for Anti-Trafficking Programs (May 2014)to Support FY15 Federal Funding for Anti-Trafficking Programs (03/19/14) - See more at: http://www.endslaveryandtrafficking.org/anti-slavery-and-human-trafficking-appropriations#sthash.b8YzhM6w.dpufto Support FY15 Federal Funding for Anti-Trafficking Programs (03/19/14) - See more at: http://www.endslaveryandtrafficking.org/anti-slavery-and-human-trafficking-appropriations#sthash.b8YzhM6w.dpuf
- ATEST Letter to Support the Regulation of Foreign Labor Recruiters in the House (H.R. 3344) (March 2014)
- ATEST Letter in Support of California SB 477 to Strengthen Regulation of Foriegn Labor Recruiters (February 2014)
- ATEST Letter to Support Senate "Strengthening Child Welfare Response to Trafficking Act of 2013" (January 2014)
- ATEST Letter to OMB to Request Funding in FY15 (September 2013)
- ATEST Letter to Uniform Law Commissioners (July 2013)
- ATEST Letter to Support the "Strengthening Child Welfare Response to Trafficking Act of 2013" (June 2013)
- ATEST Letter to Support the Regulation of Foreign Labor Recruiters as part of House Immigration Reform (June 2013)
- ATEST Letter to Support the Regulation of Foreign Labor Recruiters in Senate Comprehensive Immigration Reform (May 2013)
- ATEST Letter to Back FY14 Funding for Federal Anti-Trafficking Programs (May 2013)
ATEST National Calls & Webinars:
- ATEST Appropriations Webinar (March 2014)
- ATEST National Call on Child Welfare (February 2014)
- ATEST National Call with Uniform Law Commissioners (July 2013)
- ATEST National Call on the ULC (June 2013)
- ATEST National Call: Child Welfare Response to Trafficking Legislation (June 2013)
- ATEST National Call: FY14 Funding for Anti-Trafficking Programs (March 2013)
- ATEST National Call on Trafficking Victims Protection (February 2013)
September 17, 2014
You might think about debt bondage in relation to making bricks in South Asia or building skyscrapers in the Middle East, not putting together the pieces of your newest mobile phone or laser printer in Malaysia. But if you are reading this on a tablet, smartphone or computer monitor, then you may be holding a product of forced labor. Verité’s two-year study of labor conditions in electronics manufacturing in Malaysia found that one in three foreign workers surveyed in Malaysian electronics...
September 8, 2014
The Alliance to End Slavery and Trafficking (ATEST) is urging the Office of Management and Budget in the White House to advise the President to request funds in the President’s fiscal year 2016 budget to combat human trafficking and modern day slavery in accordance with the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2013 (TVPRA, P.L. 113-4). Modern slavery is the civil rights issue of our generation. We can only hope to eradicate it within our lifetime by dedicating the necessary...
September 2, 2014
SB 477 is a critical piece of legislation to prevent human trafficking and protect vulnerable workers from exploitation. Last year, the Governor vetoed similar legislation, yet remained committed to signing legislation that covered program costs. We urge the Governor to sign SB 477, which both strengthens the regulation of foreign labor recruiters and covers program costs.
July 28, 2014
The U.S. Government is considering changes to the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008 (“TVPRA”) that would harm unaccompanied alien children and make victims of human trafficking particularly vulnerable. These changes would weaken legal protections for unaccompanied children by curtailing access to due process, legal representation, and child-appropriate services.
We need your support to oppose any attempt to amend or eliminate these protections. We need to...
July 27, 2014
ATEST supports legislation that would upgrade the Department of State’s Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons (J/TIP) to a Bureau. The upgrade would establish the issue of combating trafficking in persons and forced labor as a foreign policy priority for this Administration. The update would also place the TIP Office on equal footing with Regional and other functional Bureaus in the State Department to promote diplomatic engagement on human trafficking eradication and to...