CALL FOR CONFIDENTIAL HELP & INFO 24/7
ATEST Fact Sheets:
- Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act (P.L. 113-4)
- Child Welfare Response to Trafficking Act (H.R. 1732)
- Business Transparency on Trafficking and Slavery Legislation
- Prevention of Trafficking in Persons and Abuses Involving Workers Recruited Abroad Act (S. 744)
- ATEST Guide to Anti-Slavery Funding FY 2014 (July 2013)
- Recommendations for Provisions in Comprehensive Immigration Reform to Prevent Human Trafficking (March 2013)
- The Path to Freedom: A Presidential Agenda for Abolishing Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking (December 2012)
- Beyond SB 657: How Businesses Can Meet and Exceed California's Requirements to Prevent Forced Labor in Supply Chains (January 2013)
ATEST Sign On Letters:
- ATEST Letter to OMB to Request Funding in FY15 (September 2013)
- ATEST Letter to Uniform Law Commissioners (July 2013)
- Letter to Support the "Strengthening Child Welfare Response to Trafficking Act of 2013" (June 2013)
- Support the Regulation of Foreign Labor Recruiters as part of House Immigration Reform (June 2013)
- Support the Regulation of Foreign Labor Recruiters in the Senate Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill (May 2013)
- ATEST Sign On Letter to Back FY14 Funding for Federal Anti-Trafficking Programs (May 2013)
ATEST National Calls:
- ATEST National Call with Uniform Law Commissioners (July 2013)
- ATEST National Call on the ULC (June 2013)
- ATEST National Call: Child Welfare Response to Trafficking Legislation (June 2013)
- ATEST National Call: FY14 Funding for Anti-Trafficking Programs (March 2013)
- ATEST National Call on Trafficking Victims Protection (February 2013)
September 25, 2013
Verite: Risk Analysis of Indicators of Forced Labor and Human Trafficking in Illegal Gold Mining in Peru
Peru is one of the largest gold producers in the world—the fifth largest, if illegally produced gold is taken into account. Hundreds of thousands of people are employed in Peru in artisanal gold mining and peripheral services. With the support of Humanity United, Verité mapped production areas and the supply chain of Peruvian gold, consulted with experts from NGOs, government, and academia, and conducted interviews with almost 100 mine workers, and workers providing peripheral services (...
September 3, 2013
The Alliance to End Slavery and Trafficking (ATEST) is urging the Office of Management and Budget in the White House to advise the President to request funds in the President’s fiscal year 2015 budget to combat human trafficking and modern day slavery in accordance with the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2013 (TVPRA, P.L. 113-4). Modern-day slavery is the civil rights issue of our generation. We can only hope to eradicate it within our lifetime by dedicating the...
August 5, 2013
The Alliance to End Slavery and Trafficking (ATEST) is urging the Office of Management and Budget in the White House to advise the President to request funds in the President’s fiscal year 2015 budget to combat human trafficking and modern day slavery in accordance with the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2013 (TVPRA, P.L. 113-4).
Please review the letter to OMB and email Meredith Owen at email@example.com by COB, Monday, August 26, 2013: (1) whether your...
July 3, 2013
The Alliance to End Slavery and Trafficking (ATEST) submitted a written statement in the formal written record for the hearing on Child Welfare and Sex Trafficking, before the Senate Finance Committee on June 11, 2013. ATEST expressed its concerns over the inclusion of only child sex trafficking victims as part of the data reporting requirements, to the exclusion of child labor trafficking victims, from S. 1118, Child Sex Trafficking and Data Response Act of 2013.
July 3, 2013
The Uniform Law Commission (ULC) convened several committee meetings since 2011 to draft a uniform anti-human trafficking act. In July, the Commissioners will hold a final vote to decide whether the adopt a Uniform Act on the Prevention of and Remedies for Human Trafficking. ATEST drafted a letter of support in favoring of passing all of the provisions in the most recent draft, which not only creates a holistic legal framework to combat human trafficking in the United States, but also...