CALL FOR CONFIDENTIAL HELP & INFO 24/7
The Alliance to End Slavery and Trafficking (ATEST) is a U.S. based coalition that advocates for solutions to prevent and end all forms of human trafficking and modern slavery around the world. We advocate for lasting solutions to prevent labor and sex trafficking, hold perpetrators accountable, ensure justice for victims and empower survivors with tools for recovery.
Our collective experience implementing programs at home and abroad provides our coalition an unparalleled breadth and depth of expertise. Together, we are committed to ensuring that:
- Corporations and government supply chains are free from human trafficking, forced labor and other forms of modern slavery.
- Corporations or governments that recruit and hire workers, directly or through labor brokers, do so ethically.
- Federal, state and local governments do not treat victims as criminals and instead, provide survivors with comprehensive services and access to justice.
ATEST member organizations include: Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW), Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking (CAST), End Child Prostitution and Trafficking - USA (ECPAT-USA), Free the Slaves, International Justice Mission (IJM), Polaris, Safe Horizon, Solidarity Center, Verité, Vital Voices Global Partnership, and World Vision. Learn more about our coalition partners.
The scope of human trafficking and slavery has come into sharp focus over the past years with an estimated 27 million slaves worldwide—more than any other time in history. Human trafficking is also the second largest criminal enterprise in the world, generating over $32 billion in profits to traffickers annually according to some estimates. Below are our current policy priorities. Visit our Policy Objectives page to learn more.
- Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2013 (P.L. 113-4)
- Business Transparency on Trafficking and Slavery Legislation
- Child Welfare Response to Human Trafficking Act of 2013 (H.R. 1732)
- Anti-Slavery And Human Trafficking Appropriations
- Prevention of Trafficking in Persons and Abuses Involving Workers Recruited Abroad Act (S. 744)
- White House and Agency Initiatives
ATEST is led and supported by Humanity United, a foundation committed to building peace and advancing human freedom.